Registration for this event is not yet open. Please check back soon.
Kick off marathon weekend with Team BMC in the BAA 5K! The first race in the BAA Distance Medley, this 3.1 mile race takes runners through Boston and across the historic Boston Marathon finish line.
As the safety-net hospital of Greater Boston, BMC is devoted to caring for all our patients’ needs, medical and otherwise, and has spent considerable time developing services essential to the health and well-being of our patients. Often, these services are not reimbursable, but we choose to execute these programs because they are in the best interest of our patients and provide the best possible care.
Team BMC athletes will help raise funds for programs like our Food Pantry, which provides prescription-based food to BMC families, and our Violence Intervention Advocacy Program, which works with victims of violence and their families to recover, cope and thrive. These comprehensive approaches are only a couple examples placing BMC as a leader in delivering integrated care—the future of health care and critically important to our patients.
Why Join Us
Join Team BMC in the BAA 5K and help raise funds for BMC’s programs that our patients rely—and thrive—on.
- Runners must raise $250 to be a part of Team BMC in the BAA 5K
- All funds raised will go towards Boston Medical Center patient support programs
- Members of Team BMC receive:
- Training tips and tricks
- Team BMC apparel
- Personalized fundraising page that makes it easy to share with family and friends
- Custom fundraising tips and tricks from our staff
- Plenty of content to help you get to know BMC
- To join Team BMC in the BAA 5K, runners must first register with the BAA. Registration opens in January and sells out very quickly. We ask runners to register as soon as possible. Once you have registered, please contact Team BMC at email@example.com or 617-414-2865
- For more information about the 5K course or to register, please visit the BAA’s site
- Any runners with outstanding fundraising efforts for the BAA 5K will be noted for future Team BMC events. Special consideration will be given to any Team BMC Boston Marathon applicants who go above and beyond with their BAA 5K fundraising.