Foundation Relations and Government Grants
Boston Medical Center offers grant support through the Foundation Relations and Government Grants team based out of the Development Office.
The team, made up of experienced grant writers, assists Principal Investigators as they seek funding from government and foundation sources. By focusing on submitting well-planned proposals, specifically tailored to funder interests and guidelines, the grants team has been hugely successful in securing millions of dollars to support vital hospital programs.
Interested individuals should contact Director, Kirsten Hinsdale at 617-414-5571 or Kirsten.Hinsdale@bmc.org for more information on how the team may assist with securing funding for research activities, projects, initiatives and salary support.
Support may include:
- researching potential foundation and federal funders
- reaching out to prospective funders prior to submission to discuss project ideas and clarify funder priorities
- collaborating with PIs to prepare thoughtful, responsive grant proposals
- reviewing, providing feedback on, and editing grant proposals
- facilitating the submission of a proposal, including drafting letters of support, gathering required attachments, and developing budgets and justifications
- preparing internal forms and assisting with the InfoEd data entry for Grants Administration review
- scheduling and coordinating site visits and other donor cultivation activities
- assisting with grant stewardship, including reporting
- assisting new investigators throughout the entire grants process