BAA Half Marathon
For the first time, Team BMC will participate in the BAA Half Marathon this October. Over the course of 13.1 miles, runners will tread the streets of Boston, Brookline’s Emerald Necklace and experience the essence of the city—historical, scenic, fun and exciting.
Comprised of dedicated runners with all levels of experience, Team BMC represents Boston Medical Center and its mission of exceptional care, without exception. For the BAA Half Marathon, Team BMC is running in support of BMC’s comprehensive treatment programs for young adults who have started to experiment with substances in the hopes of preventing addiction, as well as patients who have already developed a substance use disorder. As a part of Team BMC, you will help fight the opioid epidemic plaguing our communities, raising funds for BMC’s adolescent, young adult and adult addiction programs.
Why Join Us
Join Team BMC to race in the BAA Half Marathon and help raise money to fight addiction.
- Runners must raise $500 to be a part of Team BMC in the BAA Half Marathon
- Members of Team BMC receive:
- Training tips and access to BMC’s marathon coach
- Team BMC apparel
- Personalized fundraising page that makes it easy to share with family and friends
- Custom fundraising tips and tricks from our staff
- Plenty of content to help you get to know BMC and the programs you are supporting
- To join Team BMC in the BAA Half Marathon, runners must first register with the Boston Athletic Association to secure their bibs. Race registration fee must be paid directly the BAA. To register with the BAA, please click here. Once you have secured your registration with the BAA, fill out our Team BMC application!
Additional Resources and Information
- Why We Run
- BAA Half Marathon
- Our Impact
- Beginner Training Plan
- Intermediate Training Plan
- Additional Training Information