Organize an Event for BMC
Have you ever thought about organizing your own fundraiser? Want to get involved at Boston Medical Center but don’t know how? We can help!
Our Special Events Coordinator will gladly walk you through the steps and aid you in any way we can. Help BMC provide consistently excellent and accessible health services to all in need of care regardless of status and ability to pay.
Click here to read the Guidelines and Contract for volunteers looking to host a fundraising event for BMC.
For more information about hosting an event, please contact:
Cristen DeCourcey, Development Coordinator
Event Planning To Do List
First: Click here to read the Guidelines and Contract for volunteers looking to host a fundraising event for BMC. Please sign and return the contract to Cristen DeCourcey, BMC Development Office, 801 Massachusetts Avenue, 1st Floor, Boston, MA 02118.
Here are some tips on what planning an event can entail. Not every event will require each step.
3-6 Months Prior to Your Event
- Research and choose appropriate venue
- Pick the date that you would like to host your event
- Determine permit/security requirements
- Determine your budget and create a way to track expenses
- Invite guest speaker, emcee or host and any other VIP guests
- Determine all your logistical needs (i.e.: tents, chairs, tables, etc.)
- Solicit sponsorship to underwrite expenses
- Create an organizing committee
- Book entertainment (band, DJ, comedian, etc.)
- Create a link from your website to the BMC website
- Decide on ticket prices
- Determine printing needs (i.e.: invitations, program, etc.)
- Secure auction and raffle prizes (if necessary)
1-2 Months Prior to Your Event
- Solicit volunteers and participants
- Determine media and public relations needs
- Develop event day timeline
- Write script if you are having speakers
- Order t-shirts (if necessary)
- Determine transportation requirements
- Order decorations
- Determine signage and audiovisual needs
- Order food and beverages
2-3 Weeks Out
- Confirm vendors, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, etc.
- Create tax deduction notification
- Create contact list for the day of the event
- Create nametags
Day of the Event
- Remember contact list, timeline, script, emergency phone numbers, etc.
- Personally thank sponsors, guests, volunteers
After the Event
- Send thank you letters to sponsors, volunteers, participants
- Acknowledge all gifts
- Have a debriefing meeting to go over what worked and did not work
- Send proceeds and post-event financial report to BMC Development Office
Thank you for supporting BMC!