Thank you and congratulations to our 81 Team BMC athletes who participated in the 127th Boston Marathon® on April 17! And thank you to all the generous supporters who donated to their fundraising efforts. View our Marathon Monday photos.
Each year, Boston Medical Center is proud to have a dedicated team of athletes making their miles even more meaningful by fundraising in support of our patients and their families.
Sign up for our email list to be notified when 2024 applications open.
Questions? Reach out to Team BMC at Team.BMC@bmc.org.
How To Join Team BMC
Sign up for our email list to be notified when 2024 Boston Marathon® applications open.
How Fundraising Supports BMC Patients
BMC is not only a home for exceptional care, but we also are pioneers of programs that impact lasting good health, from anti-poverty initiatives to education. Funds raised through the Boston Marathon® support this work—much of it not reimbursed by insurance–that drives equitable health outcomes for people everywhere. Here are just a few examples of what we can do with your support:
- 54,000. It’s the number of people from all 50 states and 153 countries who have accessed education and training resources through the Grayken Center for Addiction at BMC. In addition to housing 10+ addiction treatment and support programs for patients of all backgrounds, the Center is a leader in helping other institutions launch innovative care models for substance use disorder.
- $11 million. It’s the amount BMC has returned to more than 5,000 families through StreetCred, a free tax preparation and financial coaching service for pediatric families. Started by BMC residents in 2016, the program has since been replicated nationally.
- 59,380. It’s the number of patients who received nutritious meals through BMC’s hospital-based food pantry in 2021. Started in 2001, BMC’s food pantry is a first-of-its-kind program that has advised more than 40 other hospital-based programs across the country.
With you on our team, we can continue to lead the way in removing barriers to lasting good health.
Training and fundraising for the Boston Marathon® is no small feat. We are deeply grateful for the dedication of our Team BMC athletes and their commitment to supporting Boston Medical Center patients and the community.
To say thanks, accepted Team BMC athletes will receive:
- Team BMC apparel
- access to complimentary marathon coaching and training runs
- fundraising incentive opportunities
- fundraising page, tips, and tools for success
- race-day perks
- and much more!
Team BMC has had athletes compete and raise funds through the Boston Marathon® since 2002 thanks to the John Hancock Nonprofit Program. Athletes have raised $9.5 million to ensure BMC patients and their families have the care and support they need to thrive. A special thank you to John Hancock for being a committed partner in our work to care for Boston!