BMC Employee Giving
Boston Medical Center employees are the foundation of providing exceptional care, without exception. Their dedication ensures that all people who come through our doors receive the leading treatments, services, and resources to be well.
Giving back is another important way employees can support BMC patients and the community. Generosity from employees like you is crucial in fueling hospital programs and initiatives that rely solely on philanthropy. Join us by:
- Make a donation to the hospital's areas of greatest need or an area of your choosing.
- Consider a planned gift through wills, trusts, annuities, and more.
- Register for a Stop Hunger Now Specialty license plate.
- Join a Team BMC charity athletic event, such as the Boston Marathon or Boston Triathlon teams.
- Create your own fundraiser. Set up a fundraising page and ask for donations in honor of your birthday. Host a community bake sale. Plan a trivia night or another event that fits your interests.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why I Give: Employee Donor Spotlight
Kenneth Grundfast, MD, FACS
Professor, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Assistant Dean, Office of Student Affairs, Boston University School of Medicine
Kenneth Grundfast, MD, FACS, began giving through payroll deduction soon after he began working at BMC. He truly believes in our mission and wanted to do what he could beyond providing patient care. Grundfast came to realize that caring for his patients required many different resources, and he gives back so BMC can deliver these important resources to all patients. “At BMC, I have had the opportunity to do everything I ever hoped to do as a physician – BMC has been very good to me, so I feel good about making financial contributions to the place that means so much to me.”
Latchman Hiralall, DTR
Manager, Preventive Food Pantry
Latchman Hiralall, DTR, made his first charitable gift by purchasing a commemorative brick for the Moakley building. He then began donating to BMC through payroll deduction and has been giving ever since. Hiralall sees the impact of donations on the community and BMC programs, like the Preventive Food Pantry, that are 100% funded by philanthropy. He recognizes that giving even a small amount through payroll deduction adds up to make a difference. "So much work is being done to treat our patients with dignity and respect, and I am proud to be able to assist in that work by giving back."