The Columbia Threadneedle Investments Boston Triathlon
Event Date: Summer 2023—Stay tuned for more details!
Event Location: Carson Beach, Boston, MA
Boston Medical Center was excited to collaborate with Columbia Threadneedle Investments and the Boston Triathlon as the official charity partner for the 2022 Columbia Threadneedle Investments Boston Triathlon. Thank you to all who supported BMC!
Together, triathletes raised more than $75,000 to advance health equity efforts at Boston Medical Center, including programs that provide housing support, food access, financial empowerment and more for patients.
Enjoy a one-of-a-kind race experience
This race is Boston’s only triathlon and captures the city’s essence—historic, scenic, fun and exciting! Swim in Dorchester Bay, bike through car-free streets, and run along Southie’s shoreline. Choose from multiple race options including: distance, relay teams, and a novice swim start for new triathletes.
Impact the Boston community and beyond
Triathletes can choose to donate or fundraise for Boston Medical Center. All funds raised support BMC’s innovative efforts to advance health equity and close outcome gaps linked to race and wealth.
BMC has long recognized that much of what impacts a patient’s overall health goes well beyond traditional medicine. We believe that good health care is a human right and are working to ensure that everyone has the resources and opportunities to live the life they envision.
With the support of Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the Boston Triathlon, and people like you, we can:
- expand safety-net programs: nutritious food, safe housing, reliable transportation, and so much more
- build upon community partnerships and equity programming with a goal of providing opportunities for economic mobility through career training, job placement, and education
- improve health outcomes for healthier people, families and communities
2022 Fundraising perks
- Personalized fundraising page to share with friends and family
- Fundraising resources, tips, and tricks from BMC staff
- Access to a triathlon training program and a race prep clinic by Coach Susan Sotir from Breakthrough Performance Coaching upon creating a fundraising page
- Fundraising incentives when you reach key milestones:
- $500: Team BMC swim cap, sports towel, and access to two open water swimming clinics, the Pre-Race Prep Clinic, and Race Jitters Clinic with Coach Susan Sotir from Breakthrough Performance Coaching
- $1,000: VIP parking & Team BMC baseball hat
- $1,500: Race for free! Fundraisers who reach $1,500 will be refunded their race registration
- $2,500: BMC duffle backpack, priority bike placement, and designated swim start
- $5,000: Access to the Columbia Threadneedle Investments hospitality tent for you and a guest